Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Essay 1-01a: Letter to My Host Family

Hello. Nice to meet you.

My name is Miri. Please call me Miri. I will introduce myself by this.

I am nineteen years old. My birthday is in September. I live in Kumamoto. Kumamoto is in  central Kyushu, southern Japan. I like watching soccer games; I often go to the stadium. Watching soccer is very exciting.

I also like going shopping. When I have free time, I often go shopping with my friends or my mother. This time makes me happy and refresh. When I was in elementary school, I belonged to chorus club. Therefore, I like singing too. Songs makes me smile and feel cheerful. When it was junior high school, I belonged to the broadcasting club. I learned about many things here.
    
I am interested in Korean culture. I love BIGBANG. Do you know this group? They are stars around the world. I had been to their concert. They are from Korea, so I am interested in Korea. Now I major in German at university. I think that I want to learn about the Korean next year.
      
When I get to the US, I want to do many things. First, I want to go the Moring Glory Pool. It is very mysterious in nature, so I am interested in it. In addition, I want to go to New York. This is a very famous place. Therefore, I often see there in the movie. If you can, I would you go there. I can eat almost any foods. I especially like Japanese food. I recommend there. When I go to America, I want to cook there for you. I have 2 questions for you. What is weather like the temperature? I worry about it. I want to bring Japanese traditional tools. Would you like? If you have one you like, please tell me. 

I am looking forward to staying with your family and contact another culture. When I go to America, I would do my best. So I ask for your kindness during my stay.

See you later.

Miri



 [337 words]

6 comments:

  1. I would like to go to Mornig Glory Pool, too. And I don't know about BIGBANG detail. tell me about it shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks comment! BIGBANG is Korean group. Their famous song is FANTASTIC BABY. Do you know this song? They are so cool.

      Delete
  2. I like BIG BANG too! Good for you learn another culture. Who is your favorite member? Which song do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks comment! Really?! I did not know what you like BIGBANG too. I am excited now. I love all members, but especially like GD. My favorite songs of BIGBANG are BADBOY, LOVE SONG, Cafe...all. How about you?:)

      Delete
  3. It is great to watch soccer game at a stadium, but I have not been to do it. I want to go someday. Which teams do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often went to stadium in Kumamoto. It is ROASSO. But,My favorite team is CEREZO OSAKA. I want to go NAGAI stadium someday.

      Delete